Prep:5 Minutes Cook:15 Minutes Makes:2 Serves
1 1/3 Cups Gluten Free Plain Flour
3 Tablespoons Sugar
1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 1/3 Cups Milk
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Butter, for greasing
Optional: Blueberries, Raspberries, Choc Chips
Maple Syrup, for serving
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl combine the egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and whisk together.
3. Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry, whisking until the batter is smooth. If you have opted for the additions, add these now. Make sure you don’t overmix the pancakes.
4. Heat some butter in a frypan on medium heat prior to pouring a portion of the batter in. As the mixture starts to bubble on top, flip the pancake and wait until the batter has cooked the whole way through. Continue this process until there is no more batter.
5. Serve with maple syrup or any other toppings of your choice.
Tip: is your batter slightly too thick? Add a dash more milk!
Against The Grain XX